TPD-FR649(HES) is mainly used for halogen-free & phosphorus-free flame retardant of pure PC, and its active content of sulfonic groups is much higher than that of potassium perfluorobutyl sulfonate(KPBS, 3M FR-2025) and other sulfonate products(KSS), the efficiency of sulfonate flame retardants is closely related to the content of active content of sulfonic groups. The dosage amount of TPD-FR649 is only half of the current mianstream product KSS, it is more cost-effective.
- Flame retardant specially for polycarbonate
- Flame retardant grade: UL94-V0(1.6mm)
- Low dosage level, high efficiency
- Little impact on the physical properties of polycarbonate
- Maintain the original transparency of polycarbonate
- Good thermal stability, does not corrode mould & equipment
- Environmental friendly, halogen & phosphorus free, nont included in the ban of RoHS & WEEE.
Appreance White powder Volatile Component, % ＜1.5 Effective content, % ＞99.0 Moisture content, % 0.35-0.39 Chromaticity(Pt-Co) 25# PH Value(5% in water) 6.5-7.3 Fineness(150mesh) Pass(Standard: ≥98) Fe content(ppm) 1 Apparent density 250g/L Sulfate content(w/w%) 0.20±0.02 Heavy metal(ppm) Not detected Sulfonate content(w/w%) 98.2±0.1 Decompostion Temp(℃, N2) ＞310 Unknown content(w/w%) 1.37
TGA 5℃/min (N2):
Temperature, ℃ Weight loss, % 452 5 502 10
TPD-FR649(HES) is mainly used as flame retardant for polycarbonate to meet the standard of UL94-V0(1.6mm).
Besides, TPD-FR649(HES) has synergistic effects with other flame retardants specially for polycarbonate like 3M FR-2025 and FR-328, which can lead to developing lighter and thinner parts with higher flame retardancy.
- Add 0.15-0.30% TPD-FR649(HES) by the weight of polycarbonate.
- TPD-FR649(HES) must be dried at the temperature of 100℃ for 3 hours befor use.
- Polycarbonate used as raw material much also be dried the temperature of 120℃ for 3 hours before use.
Processing condition of twin-screw extrusion granulation: the extrusion temperature should be as low as possible, do not exceed 260℃.
Suggested processing temerature:
Feeding Zone 250℃（482℉） Second Zone 260℃（500℉） Third Zone 270℃（518℉） Fourth Zone 270℃（518℉） Fifth Zone 270℃（518℉） Joint Zone 270℃（518℉） Die Zone 260℃（500℉）
Environmental friendly carton drum lined with PE bag, net weight 20kg/drum.
Transportation & Storage
1.Transported as non-dangerous cargo.
2.Avoid severe vibration and high temperature sunshine during transportation.
3.Stored in cool, dry, dark and ventilated place, avoid moisture.
4.Keep the container tightly sealed or the product will absorb moisture and deliquesce in the air.