Composition: Potassium perfluorobutane sulfonate
TPD-FR638 is a flame retardant specially for polycarbonate. It can meet flame retardant grade UL94-V0(1/16 inch) with extremely low dosage level.
- Flame retardant specially for polycarbonate
- Flame retardant grade: UL94-V0(1/16 inch)
- Extremely low dosage level(0.06%-0.12%), high efficiency
- No impact on the physical properties of polycarbonate
- Maintain the original transparency of polycarbonate
- Good thermal stability, does not corrode mould & equipment
- Environmental friendly, free of chlorine, bromine and phosphorus
Appreance White powder Moisture content, % ＜0.05 Effective content, % ＞99.0 PH Value(5% in water) 5.5-7.0 Chromaticity(Pt-Co) 25# Fe content(ppm)(AAS) ＜5 Melting point, ℃ 121 Na content(ppm)(AAS) ＜10 Apparent density 250g/L Calcium content (ppm)(AAS) ＜10 Solubility (20℃ aqueous solution) 5% Sulfate ion content(ppm)(IC) ＜30 Decompostion Temp(℃, N2) 499 Fluoride ion content(ppm)(IC) ＜100
TGA 5℃/min (N2):
Temperature, ℃ Weight loss, % 477 5 481 10 510 50
TPD-FR638(KFBS) is mainly used as flame retardant of polycarbonate.
Flame retardant grade: ul94-v0 (1/16 inch)
- Directly add or make 1%-4% masterbatch, then add it into PC resin, twin-screw extrusion granulation.
- The dosage level is: 0.08-0.12PHR.
- No need to dry before use.
Extrusion processing conditions: the extrusion temperature is required to exceed 280℃.
1. Due to the small amount of addition, even mixing and dispersion is very important.
2. If it is added directly (without masterbatch), the adding amount is 0.12%.
3. If thinner products are produced, it needs to be used together with anti-dripping agent TPD-405B.
Environmental friendly carton drum lined with PE bag, net weight 20kg/drum.
Transportation & Storage
1.Transported as non-dangerous cargo.
2.Avoid severe vibration and high temperature sunshine during transportation.
3.Stored in cool, dry, dark and ventilated place, avoid moisture.
4.Keep the container tightly sealed or the product will absorb moisture and deliquesce in the air.